By Matt Montgomery
Kim and Ty Brown, who live on Paulette Drive in Piedmont were at home Wednesday, Feb. 27 at about 6 p.m., when the family dog, Barney, alerted Ty there was a problem. Ty Brown said when Barney normally alerts him the way he did is because it is time for him to go outside. This time, he was letting the Brown’s know their garage was on fire.
Ty Brown looked out the blinds in the living room and noticed smoke coming from the garage area and knew there was definitely a problem. He then woke his wife, Kim, up. She works nights for American Airlines so she was fast asleep when the fire started.
Ty Brown then grabbed their other two dogs, Dixie and Diesel, and the family stood at the edge of the grass as Piedmont Fire and Rescue and the Piedmont Police Department rushed onto the scene to put the fire out before it engulfed the hole house. Most of the damage was restricted to the garage area.
Ty and Kim Brown praised the Piedmont Fire Department for their quick response time and for saving the family Amazon parrot, Oscar, and the family hamster, Houdini. Read more →